WILLIAM FRENCH LOCKE son of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Locke was born on a farm near Charles Town in Jefferson County, Va., on September 11, 1865. lie attended the school for boys taught by Professor Kables at Charles Town. He was admitted into the Conference in 1888 and sent as junior preacher to Springfield Circuit. He went to Piedmont, W. Va., in 1891. Here he was married to Miss Daisy Jameson, who, with their one child (Dorothy Ewing), survives him. After three years at Piedmont he received the following appointments: 1894, St. James, Roanoke (two years); 1896, Marvin, Washington (four years); 1900, Front Royal (three years); 1903, Rockville (two years); 1905, Mount Vernon Place, Washington (three years); 1908, Martinsburg (four years); 1912, Lexington (four years); 1916, Arlington, Baltimore (four years); 1920, Wilson Memorial, Baltimore (two years); 1922, Fredericksburg (five years); 1927, Greene Memorial, Roanoke (two years); 1929, Roanoke District (four years); 1933, Winchester District (two years); 1935, St. Paul. Washington. Here he died on June 4, 1938 The funeral services were held at St. Paul. Burial was at Front Royal, Va. – F. J. Prettyman.
Posted By: Ray Gurganus
- Other: Archive documents, Mt Vernon Place UMC, DC;