|James McGlathery + Matilda T. Turney||Edmund Cobb II + Julia W Fretwell|
Fredrick Cobb McGlathery
|Birth||4 SEP 1881|
Railway Express Co.
|Death||13 APR 1971|
Aged: 89.6 years
Never Married, No Children
|Suggest||To suggest changes to these records, login & edit by choosing options to edit, & your suggested changes will be saved for the record moderator to review.|
- Newspaper, 12 JUN 1912: "'MISS GERTRUDE MORRIS GIVES BUFFET SUPPER.' The members of the Morris-McGlathery nuptial party were most delightfully entertained after the final rehearsal on Tuesday evening by Miss Gertrude Morris at the home of her parents, Mr. and Mrs. William Morris.
A delicious buffet t supper was served in the dining room from a table centered with a large banket of sweet peas tied with pink tulle, the ices being molded in tiny replicas, of the centerpiece. Among the many decorative features in the apartment was a large shield bearing the letters "M-.McG," outlined with pink roses and ferns on Its fane. Bridesmaids buds and growing plants were used profusely In the reception hall, where an informal receiving line composed of Miss Gertrude Morris, Mr. and Mrs. William Morris, Miss Eula McGlathery, Mrs. S T. Peterson, and Mrs. F. S. [Nancy Dunreath Peck] McGlathery.
Miss McGlathery appeared in a gown of yellow messaline with a net overdress and Miss Morris was most attractive in white lingerie over pink.
Among the guests present were Miss Katherine Rogers, Miss lone Irving, Miss Jennie McGlathery [Jennie Leatherbury McGlathery] of St Stephens, Mrs. Joseph Dixon of Woodbury, Ga. Miss Annie Lou Wood, Miss Mildred Ross. Mr. Joseph Lawrence, Mr. Schmit, Mr. Vinson. Mr. M T. McGlathery [, Mr. Fred McGlathery [Fredrick Cobb McGlathery], Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Lawrence, little Josephine Lawrence, Rev. and Mrs. J. W. Johnson, Wilson Johnson, Jr., Mr. T. O. McGlathery [sic. Preston Ote McGlathery], Mr. Fred Haveter, Mr. and Mrs. R. I Lanier, Dr. and Mrs. Hrabe. Mr. G. W. Armstrong and Mr. J. G. Leeman."
– "The Birmingham News, 12 JUN 1912, p.8.
- clerk: Railway Express Co.
- Fred Cobb McGlathery
- Alabama Deaths, 1908-1974
- United States Census, 1900
- United States Census, 1910
- United States Census, 1920
- United States Census, 1930
- United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
- Newspaper: The Montgomery Advertiser; "McGlathery-Baker. Beautiful Wedding Celebrated in Tuscaloosa," marriage of Ernest Scott McGlathery and Anna Baker; Vol. 80, No. 168, p. 7., 17 June 1909. America's GenealogyBank, Accessed at the Champaign County (IL) Archives.;
- Newspaper: The Birmingham News; "Deaths Birmingham Area: "Fred Cobb McGlathery"; Birmingham, AL: the newspaper, 13 Apr. 1971, p. 25.;
|Added||10-10-2016 07:30 AM|
|Updated||10-12-2016 10:40 AM|