|Birth||3 JUN 1925|
|Death||24 APR 2017|
Mary was born June 3, 1925, in Shamokin Dam, a daughter of the late Leonard C. and Emma (Walker) Brouse.
On May 7, 1949, she married John H. E. Wadeck who survives.
She was a 1943 graduate of Northumberland High School and a graduate of the Frederick School of Cosmetology, Harrisburg.
In 1945 she began her career with Stella Kreitz Hair Salon. She eventually purchased the business and moved it into her home in 1953. It remained in operation until her retirement in 1996.
Mary also used her talents to help local funeral homes and the ladies of the Sunbury Prison.
Mrs. Wadeck was a life member of Christ United Methodist Church, Northumberland. She was very active in the outreach and evangelism programs, served in many teaching capacities, lead the Gertrude Brouse Sunday School Class, sang in the choir and helped serve funeral luncheons. As a member of the Women’s Society of Christian Service, Mary held several offices including president. She was also a dedicated member of the Yokefellow’s Prison Ministry.
Mrs. Wadeck sang with the choir at the Northumberland/Point Township Senior Action Center, traveling to many various locations.
She was a faithful volunteer of the American Red Cross and a talented seamstress, who enjoyed crocheting, quilting and knitting. She was a gifted yodeler and had a great fondness for animals including her pet fox that she had as a child.
She was preceded in death by five brothers and three sisters-in-law, Harold and Helen Brouse, Robert Brouse, Clinton and Rose Brouse, Wayne and Dorothy Brouse and Russell Brouse, and one brother-in-law, Jerry Foust.
Friends and family may call from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at Christ United Methodist Church, Front and King streets, Northumberland, where the funeral service will follow at noon with Rev. Joan Dodson officiating.
Burial will follow in Riverview Cemetery, Northumberland.
Contributions in Mary’s memory may be made to Christ United Methodist Church, Front and King streets, Northumberland, Pa. 17857, or to a charity of the donor’s choice.