|Military||PA Militia / Private / Revolutionary War|
Amor left two landmarks that still survive. In 1783, he built a new two-story fieldstone house on the site of his great grandfather's original home. Later expanded by the owner of a steel mill, today the house is a retreat owned by the Holy Rosary Church. In 1805, Amor became one of the five charter school trustees that built the first public school in the area. The Old Stone School continued as a one-room school house until 1925 when it became Claymont's Library until 1960. The original school is preserved as a historic site.