Here stood Battery Rodgers, built in 1863 to prevent enemy ships from passing up the Potomac River. The battery had a perimeter of 30 yards and mounted five 200 pounder Parrott guns and one 15-inch Rodman. It was deactivated in 1867.
Related albums • See other albumsWashington DC Area Forts
Related locationsVA, Alexandria, Battery Rodgers
Related peopleCommander George Washington Rodgers Jr.