Logo Our Family Tree

Washington DC Area Forts, Washington, DC

Contents

Fort Richardson

Fort Richardson

Here is what is left of Fort Richardson, a detached redoubt constructed in September, 1861, to cover the left flank of the newly built Arlington defense line, It was named for General Israel B. Richardson, whose division was then deployed to defend against attack by way of Columbia Turnpike. It had a perimeter of 316 yards and emplacements for 15 guns.

Website: https://www.hmdb.org/m.asp?m=39726

Related albums • See other albums

Washington DC Area Forts

Related locations

VA, Arlington Co, Fort Richardson

Related people

Israel Bush Richardson

Sources
Posted By: Ray Gurganus


Updated: 9-22-2021