This small work was one of the defenses begun in the fall of 1861 on the ridge east of the Anacostia River. It was named after Admiral Samuel DuPont, a commander of the South Atlantic Blockade Squadron. Eight guns and one mortar comprised its armament.
Related albums • See other albumsWashington DC Area Forts
Related locationsDC, Washington, Fort Dupont
Related peopleSamuel Francis DuPont