Packard is remembered and celebrated by people around the world. No company sold more luxury cars between 1925 and 1942, and the distinctive tombstone-shaped grill was a company trademark. The Packard Motor Car Company was originally founded in 1899 by brothers William D. Packard and James W. Packard in Warren, Ohio. But by 1903 Detroit was becoming the "Motor City," and the brothers moved the company to a new factory complex on East Grand Boulevard. The company produced fine automobiles there until June 1956. The Packard Proving Grounds were the primary testing facility for one of the greatest American automakers.
Packard merged with Studebaker in 1954 and the last Packard automobile was produced in South Bend, Indiana in 1958.
Related albums • See other albumsMotorCities National Heritage Area
Related peopleJames Ward Packard
William Doud Packard