Site of Goldsborough House, Circa 1798
By that year, a 2-story brick house, measuring 40 by 24 feet and described as “not yet fully complete,” was built on a 4-acre lot of “Chesterfield,” deeded in 1792 from Mary Nicholson to her daughter Henrietta. Henritta’s husband, Dr. John Bracco, died, and by 1799 she had married Dr. Robert Goldsborough. The property descended through the Goldsborough and McKenney families. The house was demolished in 1963.
Website: https://www.hmdb.org/m.asp?m=3109Maryland Historical Markers
Related locationsMD, Queen Annes Co, Centreville
Related peopleRobert Goldsborough
Posted By: Ray Gurganus
- Website:Historical Marker Database;