Built in 1741 by Col. Isaac Handy, planter, lawyer, founder of Salisbury and officer of the local militia during the Revolution. He had operated a lumber business at Handy's Landing at the head of the Wicomico River where in 1732, Salisbury Town was established.
Related albums • See other albumsMaryland Historical Markers
Related locationsMD, Wicomico Co, Salisbury
Related peopleIsaac Handy