Bethlehem Methodist Church
The original chapel was built on this site which was donated by Moses LeCompte and Elizabeth LeCompte. The deed, dated September 15, 1787, is the oldest one on record for Methodist Episcopal Church land in Dorchester County. Both Bishop Francis Asbury and Reverend Freeborn Garrettson preached here.
Related albums • See other albumsMaryland Historical Markers
Related locationsMD, Dorchester Co, Taylors Island
Related peopleFreeborn Garrettson