Fine 2½ story brick house with pilasters on front and two oval windows in pediment of west gable. Home of Sulivane family, 17th century settlers here, three generations of whom served in Maryland General Assembly: James Sulivane, Commissary Officer in Revolutionary War who, with Thomas Logan, organized “New Market Blues,” Dr. Daniel Sulivane, elected to House of Delegates 1824, and Colonel Clement Sulivane, lawyer and Confederate veteran. Restoration begun 1972 by Dr. M. Fred Tidwell and Joseph B. Gavlick.
Related albums • See other albumsMaryland Historical Markers
Related locationsMD, Dorchester Co, East New Market
Related peopleCapt. Clement Sulivane