|Our Family Tree|
Colemanville Covered Bridge
The Colemanville Covered Bridge was originally built in 1856 by James C. Carpenter at a cost of $2,244. After being damaged twice by flooding, it was partially rebuilt in 1938 by Edmund Gardner and in 1973 by David Esh. The bridge was completely rebuilt by the Lancaster City Bridge Crew in 1992 for S350,000. During the restoration process the bridge was raised by 6 feet and moved a few feet west to protect it from future flooding. This bridge is the second longest Covered Bridge in Lancaster County measuring 170 feet in length.
Attribution: By Carl Gordon Moore Jr.
Related albums • See other albumsLancaster Co PA Bridges
Related engineeringColemanville Covered Bridge